Saturday, June 27, 2009

White Coat Ceremony


On Friday Jared had his big white coat ceremony for medical school.
This is what the white coat ceremony is:
(I stole this definition from Jenni's blog)

"The white coat ceremony (WCC) is a relatively new ritual in some medical, dental, veterinary medical, podiatric, optometry and pharmacy schools that marks the student's transition from the study of preclinical to clinical health sciences. At some schools, where students begin meeting patients early in their education, the white coat ceremony is held before the first year begins.
WCCs typically involve a formal "robing" or "cloaking" of students in white coats
, the garb physicians have traditionally worn for over 10
0 years and other health professions have adopted." (thanks wikipedia)

Olivia and I are very grateful that we were able to experience this exciting day with Jared.

Jared right before the coating. I'm sad because I didn't get a picture of the actual coating :( I was to busy holding a two year old, clapping and trying to get a picture and I ended up with a picture the back of a ladies head. (I must not be super mom yet :).

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

I didn't see dentists in that defintion of yours!!!

Rachael said...

Congradulations... He looks pretty sharp!

Jared & Melisa said...

SORRY CODY!

The Wessman Family said...

Fun blog! Thanks for coming over tonight:) We're happy to have you guys here.

Jenni said...

Exciting times! It was so fun to get together with you guys the other night. Steve said today "You know what I want to do next week? Meet up with the Hiatts again!" We'll have to get together often :)