Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break

For spring break Jared and I went to Michigan for a few days to check out his new school and to find an apartment. It was fun to get away and have a break from the normal everyday life, but at the same time scary because looking for an apartment means we are getting closer to the big moving day! :-( But I am going to try really hard to be excited for this big adventure in our life and not be scared (ya right)!

Jared had a lot of fun checking out his new school and walking around the huge campus! It's such a beautiful school I don't think I've ever seen soO many trees.
And while we were there we did find an apartment YAY! One less thing to worry about.
We also got to visit with Steve and Jenni, it was so nice to see two familiar faces! Thanks for hanging out with us!

On our last day we went to the Henry Ford Museum. It was actually a lot more fun and interesting then I thought it would be. I was actually sad when we had to leave because there was still so much more to see.
This was President Ronald Reagan's Limo. They had a few different cars from past President's there.

Jared with some car?

And this is the bus that the famous Rosa Parks was riding when she was arrested for not giving up her seat.
And here is Jared sitting in the actual seat she wouldn't give up. Isn't that soO cool?!

Over all Jared and I had a great spring break!!!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Shoot... it's getting closer! I don't want you guys to move away. :( I'm going to be sad. I'm glad you had fun, lucky getting to see Steve and Jenni.

jean toller said...

Jared and Melisa...We wish you the best in Michigan. Jenni and Steven are sooooo excited to see you more often..Don't worry, it doesn't last forever that you will be away. Enjoy the adventure!!! We are very proud of you guys!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to come and visit---summer,fall,winter,spring....!!!
We love you!

Dad & Mom

Unknown said...

ummmmm..... Where's the Tollers?
JK. Glad you guys can come out. We look forward to meeting for dinners.
STEVE

Unknown said...

So did Jared kick poor Rosa out of her seat? I see him in her seat, so I assume that is what happened.